I have previously spoken about collaboration a few times at meetups and conferences and still feel strongly that this is the most fundamental factor for teams to succeed.
What I have observed?
Teams communicating and working together where information is easy to find perform and deliver more and are generally more happier.
signs of collaboration:
- Talking about issues and blockers during daily standups
- wiki pages with How to guides
- developers working with testers during agile sprints
- project managers sharing roadmaps.
- test data is available to all team members
- sprint planning attended by all stakeholders
- all stakeholders attend and contribute to retrospectives.
- code is shared and made available in source control
signs of siloed ways of work:
- information is shared adhocly in emails
- environments are only used by developers